Qumulo recently announced comprehensive software and hardware advancements that will help enterprises to capitalize on dynamic market conditions, including rapidly falling NVMe prices, in order to gain data center efficiencies and benefit from the increased reliability and performance of flash-based platforms.
“Qumulo makes it easy for users to incorporate new technology developments both on-prem and in the cloud,” said Molly Presley, director of product marketing. “Our software-defined, hybrid cloud file system allows our users to focus on their data-driven businesses, not on managing their storage.”
This announcement underscores Qumulo’s continued commitment to delivering customer value through:
- Rapid new technology adoption – Qumulo’s software-defined architecture enables rapid platform and new storage media qualification, putting technology advancements and price reductions into the hands of users fast.
- Real-time analytics that help organizations:
- Save money – by understanding their data and its usage so they don’t need to over-provision storage.
- Save time – by accessing real-time data about their storage environment, including how it is being used and who is using it.
- Increase storage performance – by viewing billions of files and all operations in real-time to see which are consuming resources, and enabling them to take action accordingly.
“Qumulo’s consistent release of new platforms delivers the latest performance and capacity economics of hardware to users, fast,” said Dan Molina, CTO of Nth Generation and a Qumulo reseller. “We pride ourselves in bringing solutions to our users that give their organizations the most IT advantage possible. Qumulo helps us deliver innovation fast while leveraging budgets effectively.”
New all-flash and hybrid storage platforms:
- P-184T All-Flash for High Performance. The introduction of the P-184T expands on Qumulo’s leadership in NVMe file storage that dates back to the company’s first NVMe solution, introduced in 2017. The P-184T delivers consistently high performance and scalable file storage, making it well-suited for use in industries such as high-performance computing, life sciences, imaging, and media and entertainment post-production. It uses 100GbE and provides 184TB of raw NVMe storage capacity in 2U of rack space. This performance-packed solution scales to 225GB/sec throughput in a single cluster.
- Qumulo has also released software enhancements delivering up to a 40 percent increase in write performance that is now available as a software upgrade to all currently deployed P-23T and P-92T nodes; it comes standard with all new all-flash shipments, including the P-184T.
- C-168TSSD/Disk Hybrid for Mixed Workloads. The new C-168T platform is tailored for file workloads that require a balance of high performance reads and writes coupled with cost-effective capacity. It is well-suited for use cases such as large media and entertainment archives, scientific research, and artificial intelligence/machine learning applications. It uses 25GbE and provides 168TB of raw disk storage and 3.8TB of SSD cache in 1U of rack space.
- K-168T SSD/Disk Hybrid for Active Archive. Qumulo is also introducing a capacity-optimized solution for archive environments. The K-168T is designed to meet the needs of video surveillance storage, PACS archives, media and entertainment archives, and HPC file archives. It uses 10GbE and provides 168TB of raw disk storage and 2.8TB of SSD cache in 1U of rack space.
“It’s hard to get ahead of the curve as technology changes, but Qumulo can simply do what none of the other storage players can. Qumulo promised to store my data and let me see the unseen, and in my experience that really sums up the impact it’s having on our storage,” said Ron Knol, Senior Technology Consultant, Telus Studios.
Inside HPC, originally published June 30, 2019 Source: https://insidehpc.com/2019/06/qumulo-delivers-new-all-flash-platforms-for-unstructured-data/ Accessed 7/10/19
Qumulo is a strategic partner of Nth Generation. To learn more about Qumulo, contact your Nth Representative at 800.548.1883, Da’Neil Olsen at email@example.com, x163 or Adrian Quijano at firstname.lastname@example.org x128.
Qumulo is the leader in hybrid cloud file storage, providing real-time visibility, scale and control of your data across on-prem and cloud. Qumulo’s real-time analytics enable customers to understand their storage at a granular level, detect bottlenecks and accelerate performance. Built to scale across data center and cloud, Qumulo enables programmatic configuration and management of usage, capacity and performance. Qumulo’s innovative approach continuously delights customers with new capabilities, 100 percent usable capacity and direct access to experts. For more information, visit www.qumulo.com.