If you missed HPE Discover last week, we’ve wrapped up the highlights and key takeaways of Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s biggest yearly conference in Las Vegas.
“Digital transformation is no longer a choice; it’s a requirement” – Meg Whitman, CEO HPE
Day 1 in Las Vegas focused on digital transformation, touching on the impact of the right hybrid infrastructure, analytics management and the evolving role of IT.
Themes: Transforming the IT Experience and Transforming the Human Experience
- Open source developers collaborating on The Machine, Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s memory-driven computing system looking to re engineer the future of computing architecture.
- The “Accelerating Beyond” campaign, partnering with Paramount Pictures to produce the idea of a Star Trek-themed, futuristic world driven by The Machine.
- A partnership with Docker Inc. and new additions to One View 3.0, including software-defined intelligence.
- Launching the Helion Cloud Suite, allowing customers to to manage apps across their infrastructure environments.
- A refreshed Flash portfolio and CSC-HPE spin-off company that will offer a “deep industry experience in a variety of sectors including financial services, transportation, consumer products, healthcare and insurance,” said Whitman.
- Additions of HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 and HPE Stackato 4.0.
“No industry is safe from disruption. Vision and tech capability are required to quickly turn ideas into reality.” – Meg Whitman, CEO HPE
Day 2 kicked off with a second keynote by Meg, discussing the threat of disruption and how we can proactively respond to the more innovating and changing IT landscape.
Theme: You are Either a Disrupter or Being Disrupted
- IoT and Edge Computing: Unveiling Edgeline EL1000 and Edgeline EL4000, the first fully converged IoT systems. They deliver data analytics, visualization and real time response.
- Improvements to Aruba ClearPass, including stronger security policies and an easier integration with existing network infrastructures.
- IoT Transportation Workshop, an outlet for customers to get design and strategize their IoT vision.
- Partnership with Intel to create IoT Innovation Labs to test and build applications.